GDPR, Mattress Recycling Ltd and You
GDPR, General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) is a new regulation in EU law focused on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union.
It will apply in all EU member states from 25 May 2018, including the UK, where it will automatically be incorporated into UK legislation.
What does GDPR mean for Mattress Recycling Ltd and our customers?
Mattress Recycling Ltd holds data from its customers for a variety of reasons; this can be because you are an existing customer with whom we trade or as a point of contact for the arrangement of collections or deliveries. Occasionally we may be required to share your personal data with third parties, such as other Mattress Recycling Ltd offices to enable them to perform contracted duties on your behalf as our customer.
Under the new GDPR regulation, Mattress Recycling Ltd must....
- Be transparent and concise regarding all personal data held within our systems when requested to do so.
- Be able to provide access to data demonstrating exactly what is held, why it is used and where it is stored.
- Obtain your agreement to opt in to any communications which we distribute, either for the purposes of doing business or as part of a marketing campaign.
- Obtain your agreement to Mattress Recycling Ltd holding your personally identifiable information (PII), unless the information we hold relating to your company and its employees is for business purposes only under GDPR Regulations (EU) 2016/679: Art. 6.1(b) & Art. 6.1(f)
- Provide you with clear instruction on how to opt out of Mattress Recycling Ltd holding your personal data or of receiving information of a marketing nature. (you can do this by clicking our survey icon opposite).
Our obligation to You
To ensure compliance, Mattress Recycling Ltd has established a project team to ensure that our various business units and offices work together towards our aim of being as transparent and concise with data handling as possible.
All of our employees are aware of the coming changes and of the need for compliance.
We are inviting you to opt in to our various communications and to tell us how you would like us to handle data which we currently hold and we would very much appreciate your participation and continued support.
What happens if I change my mind?
We appreciate that at some point in the future you may wish to change your mind and withdraw consent. If at any point you wish to do so, or have any questions regarding GDPR please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process your request accordingly.
Can I request access to see what data you hold?
Yes, if at any point you wish to request access to see what data we hold and where it is stored, please complete our Subject Access Request Form obtained by clicking here alternatively please contact us at email@example.com